Further Information, Instructions and FAQ on Options for TFEC 2020 Attendees
Updated March 16, 2020. Please visit this page frequently for any new update
Your Options for the accepted papers, extended abstracts and presentations:
- Transfer them to TFEC 2021,
- Publish them online in “Special Collection of Papers, Extended Abstracts, and Presentations from TFEC 2020”, including accompanied recorded presentation posted online with payment of the $300 registration fees (see FAQ below for specifics.)
- Withdraw the papers, extended abstracts, or presentations.
Your Options for the Paid Registration Fees:
- Get a credit toward the full registration fee for the same category of TFEC 2021, or
- Receive a refund of the difference between the full registration fee and $300, if you chose special publication option as outlined above, or
- Get a refund minus 10% processing fee.
Things to Do:
- For those who choose to take credits of the registration fees, lunch tickets, and dinner cruise tickets, or keep the papers/abstracts in TFEC, you don't need to do anything. All the credits and papers/abstracts will be automatically transferred to TFEC 2021.
For those who want to request refunds or withdraw papers, please email your requests to email@example.com with the following information:
<Name, Affiliation, Email Address>
<Description of your requests>
<Paper number, Paper Title, First Author> (If you want to withdraw papers or publish them in the online collection this year.)
• Donald Smith, University of Charleston, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please refund my registration fee and dinner cruise ticket.
• Please withdraw my paper:
TFEC-2020-12345 Experimental Investigation of Boiling Heat Transfer, Charlie Brown
• <Name, Affiliation, email>
• I want to publish my following paper online and receive a refund of $350 --- the difference between my full registration ($650) and publishing fee ($300).
TFEC-2020-11111 Computational Investigation of Natural Convection, Helen Kim
- For those who choose to publish their papers and presentation online this year (2020), please prepare to upload your voice-recorded presentation files by April 15, 2020. The instruction of uploading the recorded presentation file will be sent to you and posted on the TFEC 2020 web site. As TFEC’s rules, only peer-reviewed papers and extended abstracts will be included in the indexed special publication. The presentation-only voice-recorded presentations will be posted on line and accessible by paid attendees of TFEC 2020 and TFEC 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is there a deadline by which I need to submit my request for refunds or withdraw my paper?
Please submit your request for your paper publication this year TFEC2020 or refund by April 15, 2020. The deadline is extended by April 20, 2020. Your registration fees and your paper will be transferred to TFEC2021 if you didn’t request to publish or refund by April 20, 2020.
Can I ask for a refund but not withdraw my papers?
Yes, you can request a refund of the registration fee while keeping the paper or abstract for TFEC 2021. In this case, you may pay a higher registration fee in 2021 when returning to make the same presentation. On the other hand, if an attendee withdraws a paper/abstract but applies a registration credit to the TFEC 2021, he/she can submit a new paper/abstract without having to pay for the new registration fee.
If I take a credit for my registration this year and if the registration fee is raised next year, do I need to pay for the difference?
No, your credit will be honored as full registration in the same category for TFEC 2021.
I paid the student registration rate this year but I will not be a student anymore next year. If I take a registration credit this year, do I need to pay the difference between the full rate and the student rate?
No, your student registration credit will be honored as a full registration even though you will not be a student any more next year under the condition that you don't withdraw this year's paper(s) and present the same papers next year. However, if you add new papers/abstracts/ presentations next year, you will need to pay for the difference between this year's student rate and next year's full rate.
When do I expect to receive my refunds?
We will start to process refunds after April 15, 2020. You should receive your refund within 4 weeks.
I am interested in publishing my papers and presentations in the "Special Collection of Papers, Extended Abstracts, and Presentations from TFEC 2020" this year. Who have the access to the publication and presentations?
This special online publication, including reviewed papers and extended abstracts, is free and open to all the paid attendees in TFEC 2021 and to the public with a fee in ASTFE Digital Library. For those attendees who were in the presentation only category, the voice-over presentation can be submitted and available online, but is not included in the indexed publication.
Since postponement of TFEC 2020 is not my decision, why do I need to pay for a process fee for my refunds?
The process fee is to be used towards the necessary administrative expenses occurred in organizing TFEC 2020 as well as to process all the refunds in the near future. Thank you for your understanding.